6 speed Challenger 5.7 into Ram 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DustinsDuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
So long story short, I ended up with a 15k mile '13 5.7 out of a wrecked 6 speed manual Challenger. From what I've read, this should be a VVT/Non- MDS engine, correct? I was debating trying to find a high mileage/blown engine 4x4 Ram to throw the engine into. My questions are mainly:

Would I be able to swap the truck intake/exhaust manifolds, accessory drive, oil pan, and flexplate onto the car engine?

I'm assuming at very least I should get am '09+ truck as they had the VVT 5.7s, will I run into issues with the engine being Non-MDS if I got a tuner to deactivate MDS(I wanted to do this anyway to hopefully avoid the cam/lifter problems)

Any other potential issues I haven't mentioned yet that I should look out for?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So long story short, I ended up with a 15k mile '13 5.7 out of a wrecked 6 speed manual Challenger. From what I've read, this should be a VVT/Non- MDS engine, correct? I was debating trying to find a high mileage/blown engine 4x4 Ram to throw the engine into. My questions are mainly:

Would I be able to swap the truck intake/exhaust manifolds, accessory drive, oil pan, and flexplate onto the car engine?

I'm assuming at very least I should get am '09+ truck as they had the VVT 5.7s, will I run into issues with the engine being Non-MDS if I got a tuner to deactivate MDS(I wanted to do this anyway to hopefully avoid the cam/lifter problems)

Any other potential issues I haven't mentioned yet that I should look out for?
You'll probably have to remove the pilot bushing in the crank and then use everything off the trucks 5.7 from intake to oil pan,including most engine sensors,then it's a bolt in,but it'll probably need a custom tune to run right,as the manual transmission 5.7's use a slightly more aggressive camshaft then the automatic 5.7's use.
If you're looking for a 4X4 with a blown engine,get one that has the 8 speed,it's twice the transmission as the 5/6 speed RFE transmission

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat