66rfe Swap Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol I am
Not sure where you got the idea there's no aftermarket support for the ZF transmissions,off the top of my head there's Sipple / Paramount / Pure etc. that build some pretty robust 8 speeds with billet components.
Yea i think most of us have figured out you're very opinoinated :Big Laugh:
Personally i think you're a bit out in left field with some of your ideas,but whatever it's your truck and money,so good luck with the swap
very opinionated and like you said it’s my truck and my money. Yeah and with the money you have to pay for those transmissions. I could pay for three 68 rfea fully outfitted with every billet part there is. No thanks but you are entitled to your opinion too. I’m just sick of seeing guys like you say 8 speed swap everything. That’s not the end all be all.

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If your going to abuse it, might want look at some upgrades. ATS has some HD parts and their Copilot modifies the shifts, line pressure and torque converter lockup to help the trans take the abuse.
Lol I’ve been abusing the t now for 135,000 km. Things been lifted since it had 25,000 km. Yeah I was looking at adding their billet pump half to my build and a few other things. Seen the co pilot but didn’t know if it was worth the money. As I have hp tuners now. Is it worth the money I wonder or can I do everything it does through the hp software?

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I have not looked at HP Tuners in a while. I have an MM3. I did not see the TCM for RF65 listed as being supported. Maybe I missed it somewhere on their site.

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have not looked at HP Tuners in a while. I have an MM3. I did not see the TCM for RF65 listed as being supported. Maybe I missed it somewhere on their site.
Ok I’ll have to look into it all from the research I’ve done hp does support the 65 and 66rfe and also from everything I know. I could be wrong though the 65rfe doesn’t have a tcm. Everything is controlled directly through the pcm