99 Ram tuning ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mario

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys,

First, i recall, sorry for my english, i'm french, so, it's not my natural langage.

I have friends who have 2 1500 Ram 1999;

- The first one wanted to use E85
- The second, just want more power (stock right now, and probably after go to 400hp range, but it's an other story)

I'm a good tuner for GM and Ford, using HP Tuner

NOW, the problem is... how tune the 99 ram ??????

I know the diablo and other stuff, but no way to have a REEL fine tune
I was thinking to the huge pricee CRM software, but not for 2nd Gen as i read

So, what is the solution ??????

Best regard

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
You will need a SCT tuner and whatever software is needed to write tunes for the SCT.

OP
OP
M

Mario

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Merc225hp,

SCT seems to not be able to adjust the speedo (and as a lot of ram users, my friends have both "big tire")
But, it's not realy a problem

So, if i go SCT, i have read that the good package should be the SCT from hemifever, does the good one is the SCT DCX 3200 X3 tuner - Stage 1 ($495), right ?

If i tune the two ram of my friends, does i need two SCT as i understand ?

If i want full tune and not just choose the 89/91/93 octane baseline, can i do it with just SCT or does i need a additional software (what brand ans price?), or need to pay 75$ each tune as i read (If you have purchased my Stage 1 tuning option and require additional changes once the original tune has been completed, there will be a $75 tuning fee) ?

If yes, it will be a lot expensive, the last time i tune a car (sorry, GM Camaro ZL1), i done 14 tunes in a drag weekend (and went from 12.7x@110mph to 12.100@120mph of the same airfield and weather)

Thanks to everyone who can help my two ram friends

OP
OP
M

Mario

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the software, does the "SCT Advantage III Dodge/Chrysler Pro Racer Software 4332-DCX" (349$ on summit) is the one ???

I hope i need just one soft for the 2 ram
So my total bill should be 1349$ for the 2 ram (2 sct and 1 software) ?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I am not that up to date on this sct stuff, but my understanding is just what you have posted. One tuner for each truck and one software package (for writing tunes) not cheap at all, one reason why I like my Mopar performance pcm.

If you get into writing tunes for these truck please let us know or pm me.

Edit: If the trucks are under 98 you can change out the speedo gear in the xcase tailshaft housing to correct for tire size.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500