A/C clutch not engaging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Beehler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
I believe I have read everything already posted but forgive me if I missed one. This is on a 2016 ecodiesel, last fall the A/C was intermittent at the end of summer, now it's dead. The clutch on the compressor is not engaging. It will turn by hand so it's not locked up. I have replaced the sensor on the high side. I can't locate the low side pressure sensor. Not sure if there is one because I can't find a part to replace it with. There is no relay and the fuse is good. I can only locate one 2 wire connector on the compressor. I believe one wire is ground the other is 12V. If I supply with battery power to the yellow striped wire and ground the other, the clutch still won't engage. I believe this system is more complex than the ones 20 years ago. Am I correct to believe that if the clutch won't engage when supplying power to the 2 wire connector then the clutch is bad?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
This may help ...

Attachments

• 2015 Ram 1500 HVAC-SYSTEM---ATC.pdf
    385 KB · Views: 21