AC controles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtannos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to change from the controles in the first photo to the controles in the second photo but the harness is different any idea how to do it ? im trying to install a aftermarket radio and I need the manual controls

s-l500.jpg s-l1600.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I want to change from the controles in the first photo to the controles in the second photo but the harness is different any idea how to do it ? im trying to install a aftermarket radio and I need the manual controls

View attachment 520232 View attachment 520233
@Mpgrimm2 might be able to answer this question although I don't think it's a part he sells. Most people are going the other way. What radio are you installing that requires the lower trim controls?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Yep... No one is doing that or investing any time in trying to make that happen...

What you need to look into is either an idatalink Maestro interface/Scosche bezel (Req's idatalink Maestro compatible radio)

Or
the best option for you and any aftermarket double din radio IMO is the PAC Radio Pro bezel interface kit...

PAC RPK4-CH4101

Install video

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gtannos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
this is the radio the I want to install in my ram, when you go the other wat you chance the harness ? they both 7 speed so maybe the whole harness from the module till the controls ?
@Mpgrimm2 might be able to answer this question although I don't think it's a part he sells. Most people are going the other way. What radio are you installing that requires the lower trim controls?

Yep... No one is doing that or investing any time in trying to make that happen...

What you need to look into is either an idatalink Maestro interface/Scosche bezel (Req's idatalink Maestro compatible radio)

Or
the best option for you and any aftermarket double din radio IMO is the PAC Radio Pro bezel interface kit...

PAC RPK4-CH4101

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
You're gonna have a bad time with that. Don't do it. Not compatible with your truck/8.4 HVAC system.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
a suggestion :
go to the Crutchfield website

Enter your vehicles description & answer the picture questions

Go through the radio choices
with each choice, it will make suggestions of the wiring & parts needed

You will want to choose a radio that allows you to retain your steering wheel controls, that is important

OP
OP
G

gtannos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
they don't have a radio the I like I guess im going to buy the 8.4 with CarPlay
a suggestion :
go to the Crutchfield website

Enter your vehicles description & answer the picture questions

Go through the radio choices
with each choice, it will make suggestions of the wiring & parts needed

You will want to choose a radio that allows you to retain your steering wheel controls, that is important