AC never frosty cold since new!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

ArmyGrunt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am not a air teck, but I have 2 systems that froze up, but those where on old R12 systems on tractors, where you don't get much air movement , and lots of dirt These newer things will not get that cold, and I don't like too cold anyway, Son inlaw with his 2012 Ram has it set at 19 c and I need a coat. I keep mine about 22c which is about 72 F , To day up in the great white north is 30+ and
climbing above 90 F

good afternoon

yea, I guess we all have a preference, funny thing is I noticed my wife’s AC noticeably wasn’t as cold as a month ago, being here in south Texas and 90+ humidity maybe affects us blue hairs differently? Sooo I checked the wife’s system and it was at 10PSI, put some DYI Freon and got it noticeably colder for her, she I think wants a new car anyway, lol. I checked my AC on my Ram this morning, 39 degrees at the vents, don’t get old I guess, lol.

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
I had a friend killed when the can exploded. Gauges are the ticket.... otherwise, leave it to the pros.
say have something strange on my AC ! so was like a 100 out didn't seem cooling when I check the low side it was hotter then crap and the pump not running ! AC been bad cooling for years added freon seems 40 psi is all that works when cooler ! maybe 43 now so guess shool forgot whats up any idea ? works like 90 out ok did take on freeway seems maybe working pump running now ? thanks for any help did find leak on stator valve on high side sucks was wet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good morning

I have a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT with a Hemi, 4x4 and single cab. I've owned this truck since new, the AC has never been so called frosty, cold yes but never had that freezing feeling, it has never had the AC recharged either. Is this normal for our Rams? Thanks for any responses.

Kevin.
Have Subcooling and Superheat checked. Alsi check condition of condensor and evaporator. Saturation temp is very crucial even tho r1234yf has a stabil glide for MVAC operation.

retirednak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I've been disappointed with my '18 since new. Bought mine new Idaho and spent few months in CA before driving back to AK. I used AC most of the time and never thought it got chilly enough. Couple months ago the local dealer replaced a seal that caused a leak in the system. Even now freshly charged it doesn't come close to how cold to gets in my '03 Ram or '96 SS. Nature of the beast...

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just noticed that my 2017 turns on in recirc mode and to turn it off I have to press recirc twice. And if you turn the fan to setting 7 then that sets it to recirc too

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just noticed that my 2017 turns on in recirc mode and to turn it off I have to press recirc twice. And if you turn the fan to setting 7 then that sets it to recirc too
Yip mine is the same way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I live in one of the hottest places on earth, Phoenix, AZ, and my 2019 Classic single cab is so good I only need speed 4-5 out of 7, and I'm naturally hot. I usually turn it to max after sitting in 115 heat, but after a few minutes on the highway, I will turn it to 5 or 4.

Gone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
few tricks to make any ac much much colder especially Rams as they come with stupid clutch fan..switch to duel electric fans or just add two small pusher fans.. helps alot especially at low rpm. Another simple trick is disconnect the heater hoses at water pump works great on my 18.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Most 4th gens I've been have been decent, but there is a common but repairable blend door issue that can leave one side blowing warm or heated air.

There is a temperature / pressure spec chart floating around somewhere, but if not you should be able to search for an A/C Testing service info PDF on a 5th gen forum, even though it's the 4th gen PDF. It will let you see expected outside vs. vent temp, so you can see if your in the ball park even if you don't have AC pressure gauges.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Max AC turns on recirc. If you've got a temperature knob turning it one click less will stop that from happening, if you've got buttons one degree less will keep it from activating.