AC troubles!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terry P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Blower motor is working intermittently on my 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Tradesman.I Replaced the blower and replaced the relay sometimes it will come on when you start it sometimes it don't! Sometimes you'll be driving down the road and it will kick on or kick off. Any ideas?

tbowers391

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably the terminal in the plug/harness to the back of the fuse at the tpim or whatever the heck that thing is called.

Basically, I found out twice now during super hot Florida summers, that it’s a common (problem on the 2013 rams at least) that the connection gets loose or something, then creates heat and makes the problem worse. The heat begins to warp or literally melt the plastic around it.

I found the fuse wasn’t blown. So then found when it would kick off on mine I could get out, pop the hood, and wiggle or firmly press the fuse down, things would kick back on.

Eventually found the warped plastic where the wire terminal comes into one of the 4 big white harness/plugs backside of the fuse box. So sourced a whole new harness plug, swapped every single wire terminal 1 by 1 into the new harness plug, jammed it back together and enjoyed it for another couple of months before it started happening again.

Found same problem. Then found somewhere that others hardwired it. I was on the road with a toddler and very very pissed and hot so I just cut out that portion of the plug and plugged the wire terminal into fuse and have been good to go ever since… over a year so far knock on wood