Adding more HP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adam dequeant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys i have a 2006 dodge ram 5.7L Hemi and trying to add alittle more power to it. I already have flowmaster dual exhaust. just trying to get other ideas without breaking the bank and ******* money away with crap that doesnt work.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Headers, intake, throttle body and tuner. Those are all proven to work well together and allow the engine to breath better. The tuner helps tie it all together and can provide you the ability to install custom tunes, depending on which tuner you get. Recommend Diablo i2/i3 or Trinity t1000/t2000 or the HP tuner. They all allow for custom CMR tuning.

After those basics, there is plenty more that you can do such as swapping in an e-fan, doing a cam, underdrive pulley/balancer or even building the motor up some.

OP
OP
A

adam dequeant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
yea i was looking at headers just wasnt sure what brand was the best to get. And intakes i was looking at K&N

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Pacesetter are supposed to be pretty good, lots of people running them. You need to decide on what kind of header you want. full length, 3/4 or shorties. I'd also recommend getting them ceramic coated as it helps reduce underhood temps and provides a long lasting, durable finish.

Intake brands are kind of subjective, they all work pretty well.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I agree with xtremewlr...intake, exhaust, programmer, are all good bang for the buck mods.

If you want the next level, get the programmer and a custom tune.

OP
OP
A

adam dequeant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
what other exhaust do you think i should get? i already have flowmasters

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Flowmasters sound good but they aren't the best for actual performance as they don't flow very well. To really let the engine breath and perform well, I would go with 3/4 or full length headers of your choice, replace the Y pipe with a Magnaflow unit (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-10778) and then pick a Magnaflow muffler that is 3" in/out.

That is the setup I am running now with Edelbrock 3/4 length headers. Sounds good, breathers way better than stock. I'm in California so have to retain the cats and can't run full length headers.

CorDog009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depends on which Flowmasters you have. I have 10 series 1-chamber race mufflers and they aren't a restriction.