Air bag suspension, covered by lifetime warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jman69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a right rear airbag leaking (I assume its the bag itself), air compressor runs often to keep up. Just wondering if this might be covered with the Chrysler lifetime warranty package before I mess with a dealership versus a timely, cost effective fix. And any advice on after market parts vs. Mopar.

OP
OP
J

jman69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I guess nobody knows/cares?

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my Ram Limited has the air ride suspension. never had an issue with it. I don't see why an aftermarket unit wouldn't work.

My truck has both front and rear and i dread the day something goes wrong. lol. hopefully my "full warranty" (bumper to bumper) that i'm paying for will cover it.

The Chryler Lifetime warranty says it covers suspensions, so hopefully those are included

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope it is covered also, FYI I am having the same issue where the right rear pump runs more and sometimes it runs till it hits the popoff pressure release then it quits. I don't think it is bag leak. I had the dealership check it, but they couldn't find any issues.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope it is covered also, FYI I am having the same issue where the right rear pump runs more and sometimes it runs till it hits the popoff pressure release then it quits. I don't think it is bag leak. I had the dealership check it, but they couldn't find any issues.

There's a reason used vehicles with air suspension are so cheap. When those parts fail, and fail they will, they cost more to replace than the vehicle is worth.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well I guess nobody knows/cares?
Should be covered.... you'd likely have received more responses in a forum specific to your truck. This is the, "Other Vehicles" forum that, after 10 years here, I just happened to click into for the first time.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Does RAM warranty cover air suspension?
The Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension is covered by Ram's Basic 3-year/36,000-mile warranty.

Does Mopar extended warranty cover air suspension?

However, in the section under “rear suspension” air suspension is not listed as a covered component. Air suspension is also not listed in the “excluded” repairs either. Jul 19, 2023

Is air suspension covered under powertrain warranty?

However, items that are not directly connected to the powertrain, such as brakes and suspension, are not included in coverage. This is also true for all wear and tear items and routine maintenance like tire rotations.
Sep 17, 2023

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You have the warranty , read what it covers .