air horn question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I was reading the train horn thread. I dont even want to risk it here in Virginia but I was reminded of the horn I had on my Jeep. It was a WOLO bad boy air horn. The compressor was built in and wired up with the stock connectors. Im curious if one of these things would cause any grief in the electrical system of my truck. Any thoughts?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
If it is wired separately from your main horn then nothing will happen. As far as train horns go as long as you are responsible with them and not scaring the crap out of the neighborhood dogs then even in Va you should be fine.

william cooney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
I have seen many guys in my area blowing train horns on old people. this is the worst use of horns i have ever seen. the way you mount your horns is normal. i don't see any harm in it.

reelop19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Air horns are *** and were cool and funny when you were 17. That pretty much sums up air horns

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
i have the bad boy as well... my grandfather got it for me as a gift and sent a note that said:

"this works best when you sneak up behind old people and blast them"

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
its is all electrical and no compressor, so you don't have to worry about the trumpets. it is loud and i think its sick, you shouldn't have to worry about electrical problems, just cut the wire and tie them into the unit and you are good to go.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
I have seen many guys in my area blowing train horns on old people. this is the worst use of horns i have ever seen. the way you mount your horns is normal. i don't see any harm in it.

About the only time I use my train horns is when someone is driving slow in the fast lane on the highway, or the decide to drive like they are the only ones on the road in New Orleans. So many extremely bad drivers down here it is a wonder I have not worn my air compressor out.

:ryu-cvs-hadoken-a: