Another Road Trip with the Carven

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FWIW I just swapped out my stock muffler for a Pypes Violator, sounds good and has minimal drone so far - now the kicker - wife hadn't been in it since the swap and drove it to her parents one day last week - came back and said truck sounded tuff and wasn't obnoxious like she had thought it might end up. I chalked that up as a win. Maybe check it out...

OP
OP
Sasquatchtdg

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was still eyeballing Borla as a replacement, priorities have definitely changed as I have a little one on the way. The resonance that my current setup puts out has introduced all sorts of interior rattles. Wish I had the money to do the full bank vault sound deadening like some on this page have!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I will say this, a Competitor series cat back system has a lot more drone that just the direct fit muffler ... I drove a ram 1500 with the catback competitor series and the drone on that truck was just awful, which is why I chose just the direct fit muffler and to "ME" the drone is just fine ... yes it can sometimes sound a bit annoying but it's just reminding me to give it a little more GAS lol ..

But in all seriousness, competitor series direct fit muffler for me is the business .. I can't stand how Borla and Corsa sound, to me me they sound like a toy truck lol ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I was still eyeballing Borla as a replacement, priorities have definitely changed as I have a little one on the way. The resonance that my current setup puts out has introduced all sorts of interior rattles. Wish I had the money to do the full bank vault sound deadening like some on this page have!
Get a j pipe from Mufflex , I might even get one of these and try it out ... even though I don't mind the "drone" I wouldn't mind if it wasn't there at all and this j pipe is supposed to be designed for our trucks ...