Aux power port dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raff98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 3.0. I have a full console that includes a power port in the front of the console "box", (in very front of console, closest to the dash), power port in the upper lid of the console, and a power port in the rear of the console. All power works fine EXCEPT the front outlet in the console.

Best Buy tapped into the front port that is now dead for my traffic camera. I found a broken wire where they tapped in. I repaired their mess, but the front 12v power outlet is dead, and I verified no voltage leading to the front 12v outlet. Any idea what fuse powers this outlet? I am stumped!!

Question 2: if you were going to hard wire a camera to turn on with the ignition, any suggestions where you would tap off to run power to the camera. I am not against running a complete separate, fused wire from the fuse box if I knew which fuse port to use. Basically, any suggestions how to hard-wire a camera into the truck?

Thank You!!
Raff