Best front brake calipers for ‘08 half ton?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After over a quarter million miles on my SSBC “xtreme” 4-pot front brakes, have decided to go back to stock-ish brakes. Of course my factory calipers have long since been lost, so will have to buy a set of new or reman calipers & brackets to go along with pads & rotors.

Who makes the “best” replacement front calipers, whether new or reman? I’ve been looking into the new (not reman) aftermarket Raybestos E3 calipers, as well as the powder coated Powerstop reman calipers. Anyone have experience with either of these? Any recommendations for other brands to look into? Imagine they should all perform about the same so more concerned with build quality and durability.

Easiest solution would be just to get a set of the Powerstop Z36 calipers/brackets/pads/rotors, but not sure how I feel about drilled rotors. I tend to be very hard on my brakes…not sure drilled rotors would be the best idea

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Bought a set of the powder coated power stops for my Magnum, never a problem. Stick with slotted, those are what come stock on SRT cars and I have them on my truck with SRT-10 brakes. Unfortunately to use SRT brakes you'd need the spindles.

OP
OP

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks…yeah would love to swap to SRT brakes but hard to justify the expense with spindles on a 425k mile truck. I really enjoyed the SSBC’s and not looking forward to going back to stock. I too prefer slotted but can’t seem to find any reasonably-priced options (~$100/rotor)