Bils 5100 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vanterpool224

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So I have a really dumb question... I am about to begin my Bils project on my 09 Ram QC. I noticed that the 5100's didn't come with the lower spring seats. Do they sell them online? Or, do I have to remove them off the current strut? How difficult are they to remove? This is the last thing to give me a warm fuzzy before I begin. Thanks in advance!

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You have to remove them from the factory struts ... Just grind the welds ... And pay attention to the location of the top washer on the install ... Lotta stories on here about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just grind the welds ...

Huh? They just tapped off my factory struts with a little gentle encouragement from a framing hammer and a bit of scrap lumber. There weren't any welds everything was friction/interference fit.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
A 10-year old truck from jersey should have the entire coil over assembly ready to swap with the OEM. It will make your life easier.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Huh? They just tapped off my factory struts with a little gentle encouragement from a framing hammer and a bit of scrap lumber. There weren't any welds everything was friction/interference fit.

Mine had 2 small tack welds on each ... Couple minutes with a dremel ... I don’t make this **** up ... Diff suppliers maybe ?

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That was on your 2012? Interesting... Mine is a 15 built in Saltillo if there's anyone keeping statistics. I wonder if this is another mystery like the steel/aluminum driveshafts :D

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That was on your 2012? Interesting... Mine is a 15 built in Saltillo if there's anyone keeping statistics. I wonder if this is another mystery like the steel/aluminum driveshafts :D

Yes, 2012 ... Mine was special order, built in Mich

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A 10-year old truck from jersey should have the entire coil over assembly ready to swap with the OEM. It will make your life easier.

Yeah the tough part is nobody sells just the seats, so if you got the Bilstein 5100's you have to rob the seats from the OE struts.

Other option is to get 6112's of course but that's a different price bracket.

Granted this doesn't affect me since I already have my 5100's on for 5 years now but it would sure be helpful for others if they could either buy ready-to-go 5100's or at least buy the dang seats separately.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah the tough part is nobody sells just the seats, so if you got the Bilstein 5100's you have to rob the seats from the OE struts.

Other option is to get 6112's of course but that's a different price bracket.

Granted this doesn't affect me since I already have my 5100's on for 5 years now but it would sure be helpful for others if they could either buy ready-to-go 5100's or at least buy the dang seats separately.

Not sure why, but I think he’s tryin to say your springs are shot ...