Bumper and grille questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Truck is back from the body shop for front end replacement. They forgot to tuck in an upper bumper tab on the driver's side that goes in behind the main steel bumper. The upper sits up high on the right side, looks stupid. What is the easiest way to fix that? It's pretty rigid and doesn't want to move by hand, also has a decent amount of space to go before it slips behind the steel bumper. I assume I would have to break loose the entire right side of the upper bumper? The other option is loosening the steel bumper. Not sure which is less work.

I noticed the grille was not correct for a Laramie when I got home. I figured it was some chinese knock off since it looks somewhat ricey but I realized it is a Longhorn grille. I told them to leave the stock grille on since it was just scratched and cut me a check but they replaced it apparently. It's kind of growing on me and another Laramie grille is expensive.

Ram-Grille.jpg
Ram-Bumper.jpg

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If it was me I would take it back to the body shop and make them fix it. It is what you paid for.

OP
OP
QwikKota

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If it was me I would take it back to the body shop and make them fix it. It is what you paid for.
They will most likely charge me for the grille if I take it back. I didn't even notice until I got home.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
The grill looks good...keep it IMO...but, take the truck back and get them to make the adjustments to the items not aligned properly ;)

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The grill looks fine. Take it back for the bumper.

Jaye Walsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a chrome bumper question, on my 2019 Laramie I would like to replace the bumper and if need be grille - why ?, I wish to fit the latest chrome bumper and have the current model look and flatter chrome front and do away with the painted part and not have the current bumper that juts forwards on my truck between grille and bumper , I don’t know if there are aftermarket OEM options or if its a case of going through the local dealer and if major modifications are needed for this conversion/fitment.
Has anyone done this conversation ?,
I am from down under so I know it will be expensive.
Thank you

Jaye Walsh

Last edited: