Buying "newish" 2019 1500 Classic Express. Anything to look out for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeepDaze

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey all. Just signed up looks like a nice forum.

Going to look at a RAM 1500 CLASSIC EXPRESS QUAD CAB 4X4 tomorrow.
It has 2,200 miles on the 5.7. It was used as their loaner/concierge at the lot.
Is there anything I should be looking out for? If everything plans out I will be driving off the lot with the truck. So I am pretty stoked. I have been wanting a truck for awhile because I have a snowmobile and cant use trailers where I live (ID/WY) during the winter in the Tetons. Also want to get a Slide in Camper maybe sometime next year so I can travel & ski.

I want to know what are some better tires for winter/mud conditions as those are what I drive the most on(Nokian is what I use on my SUV). Also any tips for driving steep grades(I drive WY22 Teton Pass EVERYDAY 2x). Should I be concerned about Transmission cooling if I always use tow/haul to engine break on my decent.

Whats a good Push/Bull-e bar. Lots of wildlife where I drive and would like some added protection

Options:
Express Value Package
Express Package 26J
Express Black Accent Package
7year/100k Warranty Upgrade

Base Price: $34,795
TOTAL PRICE: * $43,880
Walking out the door @ $28500 with a oil change. Nothing down @ 3.7% 72mos (Want new oil since it was a loaner)

V8JDh87.jpg

Thanks for reading.

2014RamExpress

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's a good looking truck and seems like a pretty good deal. I can't help you with the tire question, my last 2 rams have been 2WD. Let us know if you end up pulling the trigger on it

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Its a 2019, so all's good.

Congrats, have them throw in window tint if they haven't, save ya a couple hundred, and they do pretty inexpensive.

Great looking truck!

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry, honestly confused about the 2019 classic. Is it more of a 2018.5?

I think 2019 classic is the perfect name for it, cause it is a 2019 but the classic identifies it as a 4th gen rather than the new style.

However when you're ordering things for it, if there isn't a 2019 classic option, I'd just go ahead and order as if it were a 2018. I know a few people on here have gotten things for their 2019 classics that didn't work because it was made for the new style 19's.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DEEP DAZE: Watch the weight on loads on these 1500's. They r not really made for slide in's. However, I did some research and here is a company U may be interested in ref slide ins: Westin makes a good bar, so does Ranch Hand. You will get a 1000 opinions on tires.
As far as steep hills, I am in TX, good luck. I only use tow when towing. Whether or not it will help, somebody else gonna chime in. Not a lot of info for you, but figure the slide in info would be useful for U...

http://www.truckcamperadventure.com/in-the-spotlight-the-outfitter-caribou-lite-6-5/

OP
OP
DeepDaze

DeepDaze

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
DEEP DAZE: Watch the weight on loads on these 1500's. They r not really made for slide in's. However, I did some research and here is a company U may be interested in ref slide ins: Westin makes a good bar, so does Ranch Hand. You will get a 1000 opinions on tires.
As far as steep hills, I am in TX, good luck. I only use tow when towing. Whether or not it will help, somebody else gonna chime in. Not a lot of info for you, but figure the slide in info would be useful for U...

http://www.truckcamperadventure.com/in-the-spotlight-the-outfitter-caribou-lite-6-5/
Yeah gonna be a light slide in. no bathroom. Something I'll realistically only go 5-10 miles out of town t o camp. Not hard to find a spot where I'm at.
Gonna get a feel for it and hopefully trade up to a 2500 later on if its something I like to do.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
I would run the VIN and make sure it was not a RAM from Canada (you said it was a dealer loaner, but I would never trust the dealer). If it first sold in Canada, it’s highly likely FCA will not honor the factory warranty. Search the forum, you will find many posts on the topic.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That there would be a good catch, and a good warning

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah gonna be a light slide in. no bathroom. Something I'll realistically only go 5-10 miles out of town t o camp. Not hard to find a spot where I'm at.
Gonna get a feel for it and hopefully trade up to a 2500 later on if its something I like to do.

IMHO, and I's a Boird, if U looking to do a 1500 than go up to a 2500 to do stuff, JUST buy the 2500, because U will lose yer backside on depreciation, if U decide in a year to jump from a 1500 to a 2500.... Just Saying....A lot of people have said the ride a lil more tuff, since a 2500, but they do well with the 6.4 overall, but I am only writing what I have read....

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would run the VIN and make sure it was not a RAM from Canada (you said it was a dealer loaner, but I would never trust the dealer). If it first sold in Canada, it’s highly likely the FCA will not honor the factory warranty. Search the forum, you will find many posts on the topic.

Yeah I wish we could warn more people about this, LOTS of rams coming over the border.

OP
OP
DeepDaze

DeepDaze

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I would run the VIN and make sure it was not a RAM from Canada (you said it was a dealer loaner, but I would never trust the dealer). If it first sold in Canada, it’s highly likely the FCA will not honor the factory warranty. Search the forum, you will find many posts on the topic.
Thanks. Built in Warren Michigan sent straight to Missoula, MT. They actually bumped up the warranty from 5 years to 7 because it was a loaner.

OR VEHICLES IN THIS CARLINE:
U.S./CANADIAN PARTS CONTENT: 59%
MAJOR SOURCES OF FOREIGN PARTS
CONTENT:
MEXICO : 27%
NOTE: PARTS CONTENT DOES NOT INCLUDE FINAL
ASSEMBLY, DISTRIBUTION, OR OTHER
NON–PARTS COSTS.
FOR THIS VEHICLE:
FINAL ASSEMBLY POINT:
WARREN, MICHIGAN, U.S.A.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: