CAD not staying engaged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jedeka

Reaction score
Ram Year
1994 and 1997
Engine
408 and 5.2
My 4x4 is not staying engaged on my 94. I replaced the vacuum canister on the CAD last winter and was working fine. This year, the 4x4 will work until I go down the highway at a constant speed. I will see the light blink a few times and the 4x4 will disengage. If I let off the throttle when the light is blinking, it will stay engaged. I'm thinking I must have a vacuum leak somewhere. Am I on the right track?

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 4x4 is not staying engaged on my 94. I replaced the vacuum canister on the CAD last winter and was working fine. This year, the 4x4 will work until I go down the highway at a constant speed. I will see the light blink a few times and the 4x4 will disengage. If I let off the throttle when the light is blinking, it will stay engaged. I'm thinking I must have a vacuum leak somewhere. Am I on the right track?

Probably so. Do your ac vent positions change by themselves sometimes by chance?

OP
OP
J

Jedeka

Reaction score
Ram Year
1994 and 1997
Engine
408 and 5.2
MagSport, now that you say that, I think the vent position was defaulting to defrost once in a while last summer.

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
MagSport, now that you say that, I think the vent position was defaulting to defrost once in a while last summer.

:roflsquared: My vent does that all the time. I heard it's some vacuum pot by the wipers. My 4 wheel drive stays engaged so I don't care yet.