Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peter2006_57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
2006 5.7L Hemi with a 545RFE transmission. Had the truck since 2010, and have had the tranny rebuilt twice in the past ten years.

Recently, I've been having issues with the TFPS throwing the truck into limp mode when I am accelerating up a hill. Seems to happen only at high speeds and when the acceleration is sufficient enough to require a down shift. Started out only with P0846 - switch B but is now showing P0841, P0846, and P0871 (A, B, and C). Replaced the TFPS and issue persists.

Fluid is clean and level is good. Doesn't seem to be a connection/wiring issue, I am getting 5V from the PCM/TCM to the sensor and have continuity on the sensor between signal and ground (not sure what the OEM specs are...). Also, truck runs fine for the most part - whenever the faults trigger and its set into limp mode, a quick engine on/engine off will reset it.

Solenoid? Other? Suggestions/ideas welcome..

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You say you had the transmission rebuild twice. Are you running any tune? Chip? Like some of these guys on here have said. Our 545RFE transmissions are good, until you give them more power. I would get rid of the chip or tuner if you do have one, see if the code goes away. From your description, to ME. it sounds like a shift solenoid. When it downshifts, that's when the code comes on. That's what I would think. But I'm no transmission expert.

Bill Knight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 2004 Ram Hemi with same transmission as you do and I have a Bullydog tuner tuning the engine and transmission. I haven't had any problems with mine, it's been tuned for about 8 years off and on. Drag raced it countless times and drive the old fat girl like a stole her. So far it hasn't skipped a beat.