Chrome Laramie Power Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17RedSled

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just picked up a set of Power Fold with turn signal Laramie mirrors off of a 2014. I had to remove them after 20 minutes of having them installed. I HATE the chrome covers. They are hideous.

Thought i'd be able to pick up a set of painted covers on eBay like they have available for the 5th gens.... but after speaking to my dumb local parts counter salesman who couldn't understand what a mirror cover was..... and then moving to a reputable local forum parts hero: Benny I've discovered it is not a serviceable part and is only sold as a part of the entire mirror assembly :(.

Before I shell out some cash to get these things painted, what has everyone else done with the hideous chrome?

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just picked up a set of Power Fold with turn signal Laramie mirrors off of a 2014. I had to remove them after 20 minutes of having them installed. I HATE the chrome covers. They are hideous.

Thought i'd be able to pick up a set of painted covers on eBay like they have available for the 5th gens.... but after speaking to my dumb local parts counter salesman who couldn't understand what a mirror cover was..... and then moving to a reputable local forum parts hero: Benny I've discovered it is not a serviceable part and is only sold as a part of the entire mirror assembly :(.

Before I shell out some cash to get these things painted, what has everyone else done with the hideous chrome?
I did mine just sand down the chrome to take the gloss off it and paint them reseal with clear coat AND get plastic film (clear) and cover2ab1bc8dc470eceeb260103b5e00a2f1.jpg83b1db4f2dfb1b1b7def082bdf29df69.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oh yeah im thinking of doing this! How do these covers come off?

OP
OP
17RedSled

17RedSled

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Oh yeah im thinking of doing this! How do these covers come off?

It’s very easy actually, just pop off the mirror glass. Behind it you’ll find 3 torches screws, once removed you’ll unplug the turn signal and the chrome covers are off!

The glass can be tricky just YouTube a video on how to replace it and you’ll see just how easy it is.

OP
OP
17RedSled

17RedSled

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Grimm, any chance you’d have a link or a part number for those? Maybe point me in a direction to find a pair? Any help is appreciated brother.
There is definitely not a PN for them you can buy seperately. Have to buy another set of mirrors and swap the housings or strip/ paint the chrome.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk