CM BED Flat bed discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tacomak22

Reaction score
Not much info on this topic, and mods please move where this would belong.

Im looking for anyone that has installed a CM AL RS flatbed on a 3500 or 2500 for that matter. I just got rid of a heavy steel skirted bed and am looking for a light weight AL one for the truck. Will be running truck camper thats in teh 3k weight range and was curious on strengths of Aluminum as a frame.

The CM AL RS states it has 5" ALuminum channel as a frame runners. IS AL the the right metal for the job here or should i be looking for something with steel as runners? I dont need a gooseneck hitch plate and im not interested in custom building a bed at this moment, if anyone has any insight on the strength or as run one of these lighter weight beds please let me know. Iv scoured the internet for about 2 weeks now trying to find info but it is scarce.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cm makes a great bed. I had the rd on a single cab 3500 60 inch cab the axle. I’m sure the AL will hold up to the camper you plan to install on it. With the weigh directly over both sets of frame rails (the chassis and the bed frame) I’m sure it will hold fine.

OP
OP
T

tacomak22

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, decided to go AL. this time, CM claims on their webpage that the extruded AL is rated for about 600lbs per sq ft.

i had a SK steel and the powdercoatings after a few years was shot, in all the weld areas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517