Cylinder 1 misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JW-IN-OK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've seen some other posts about cylinder misfires but didn't really see anything that helped for where I'm at with mine now. So I had a flashing CEL and when they pulled the code it was for a cylinder 1 misfire. I thought the best thing to do was swap spark plugs and replace the coil pack for that cylinder. I've done that and to no avail. I still get the flashing CEL on acceleration. I should note that when accelerating, I can hear a clatter, I just assumed it was the misfiring, but now I'm wondering if I've got more problems internally. It's a 6.4 Hemi in a 2014 Ram 2500 with about 175,000 miles. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!

JW

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The usual suspect is cam lob is wiped on 1, especially if you still get 1 on code after swapping plugs and coils. If your lucky it would be injectors, but it doesnt sound like this is the case.

Jstovall23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
What ended up happening with your issue? I have a 2015 with the 6.4l, noticed the clatter, and then noticed it was only doing it with MDS engaged. I disabled MdS and no clatter. A day later got the flashing check engine light, PO301 code for cylinder 1 misfire, truck shut down, and motor won’t turn. Waiting on a quote to replace motor. Truck has 108k miles.