Does the 6.4L like hotter temps? Yuma, AZ 100 Degrees - I'm flying!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
So, I'm in Yuma, Az now and the temps are nearing 100 degrees. When I just touch the gas peddle the truck flies!

I know cold air; due to the density of the air provides more oxygen. But, at these temps I feel like the 6.4L has more power.

Am I imagining this or have others experienced this sensation?

Now, I did just drive from Colorado 9.5K altitude; so the computer may not have adjusted yet.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So, I'm in Yuma, Az now and the temps are nearing 100 degrees. When I just touch the gas peddle the truck flies!

I know cold air; due to the density of the air provides more oxygen. But, at these temps I feel like the 6.4L has more power.

Now, I did just drive from Colorado 9.5K altitude; so the computer may not have adjusted yet.

Maybe not so much the heat vs humidity. My truck "feels" more responsive in the winter time vs humid summer days we get here. All butt calculated so I've never put any faith in that, sometimes we feel things that really aren't there.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

5.7's and 6.4's like cold and lower elevations. The differance between 5,000ft DA and 2,000ft DA is 4/10's on my wifes 1320 Challenger with it's higher compression 6.4,the truck 6.4 will be very similiar

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The computer adjusted just fine, it’s your butt dyno that’s out of calibration. ;)

You’ve gained 100hp dropping altitude.
I was going to say the same basic thing. The truck would feel doggy at 9,500 ft. and you got used to it, so now back at a lower elevation you just regained the normal power.