Driving experience/Performance mod reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Good write up. I'm kinda like you the intakes are ok and good for some but not awhile lot of power. I have had a k&n 77 series on my truck for years and had a percieved better part throttle.

Stagman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All my mods to date have been cosmetic. Mechanically, bone stock.

Tonneau Cover
Bull Bar
OEM Body Side Moulding
Fender Trim
Mirror Covers

Probably done cosmetically. Functionally I would love to have some new floor mats like Weathertech. I would also like to install a 12v power outlet under the dash or in the upper glove box. However, I don't know if the outlet will get done because I do feel I have the skills to do it. I always worry about messing up some other electrical component when I splice in. Maybe I will get lucky and find some one to help me.

When I finally wear out these crappy tires I plan to have it leveled, but probably stick with stock size. Final thing would be the Mufflex 14".

Jay

OP
OP
NWRQC

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Good write up. I'm kinda like you the intakes are ok and good for some but not awhile lot of power. I have had a k&n 77 series on my truck for years and had a percieved better part throttle.
Thanks. I was almost thinking of selling my intake a while back and just going with a drop-in filter, but I am glad that I didn't. I am pleased with how much the truck has woken up with these few mods.

All my mods to date have been cosmetic. Mechanically, bone stock.

Tonneau Cover
Bull Bar
OEM Body Side Moulding
Fender Trim
Mirror Covers

Probably done cosmetically. Functionally I would love to have some new floor mats like Weathertech. I would also like to install a 12v power outlet under the dash or in the upper glove box. However, I don't know if the outlet will get done because I do feel I have the skills to do it. I always worry about messing up some other electrical component when I splice in. Maybe I will get lucky and find some one to help me.

When I finally wear out these crappy tires I plan to have it leveled, but probably stick with stock size. Final thing would be the Mufflex 14".

Jay

Leveling the truck is usually one of the first things I do when I get one. Maybe it's just me, but Rams seem to have more of a rake than other makes. You wil love those mats if you get them, esp if you play in the mud at all. It's so nice to just take them out and wash them off.

Kevlar55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree 100%

Thanks, Sound like a good plan. How do you like the 4:56's?

I like them,buy far the best single mod I've done to my truck. With 285/70/17 inch tires on, it has some pep in her step,, and when the cam goes in it will only get better.

Kevin.

OP
OP
NWRQC

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I like them,buy far the best single mod I've done to my truck. With 285/70/17 inch tires on, it has some pep in her step,, and when the cam goes in it will only get better.

Kevin.

I don't doubt that one bit. Unfortunatly it's so expensive on 4wd trucks.
My previous vehicle was an Infinity G35. I know the changes are miniscule compared, but still fitting. I went from an open 3.3FD (26.6" tire) to a 3.54 VSLD with a 26.02 rear tire O.D. I think the VSLD made the biggest difference, but driving around town, was a lot more fun. It felt a bit quicker off the line..

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Definitly agree with the 4.56's, I have them on mine and I run a 305/50/20 tire, use to run a 275/55/20 tire but I had some traction issues with day to day driving, couldnt go past 1/4 throttle without it getting squirly went to a wider I want some lighter weight 20's though, the stockers are flippin heavy

OP
OP
NWRQC

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I think that if I do anymore performance mods that it will be gears. Otherwise aside from that I plan to change the wheels and add a bed liner. The load-leveling air bags are going on this weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brendo99