DRW tailgate brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

therigwelder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 03 Dodge ram 1500.The truck has been wrecked and have rebuilt it and now I am down to knick knack stuff and one is I need to know how to mount the actual on the tailgate light,what hardware is required? I ordered an aftermarket tailgate and they sent me one for a 3500.The company refunded my money and told me to keep the tailgate.I don't mind having the light mount on a 1500.i just don't have hardware for the light.I have to make the light functional cause the truck has to be inspected by the state police so I can get a rebuilt title for it. right now I only have a salvage title

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I can't tell you what hardware is required short of running a wire from the running light circuit thru the hole in the bottom of the tailgate up to the light. It's not a brake light, just a running light. The one above the cab is a brake light. HTH

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Those lights are required for vehicles over 80” , you will pass without them if necessary. I don’t know what the holes look like but maybe they could be plugged or just welded up . Free tailgate so it would even out kind of.