Dusty vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malsup83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently bought a 14 tradesman that used to be a fleet truck. The vents are extremely dusty. Not just the covers, the lines. I have taken off the covers and cleaned them. Also done the cabin air filter mod. What u a the easiest way to clean them? The only thing I can think of is a long flexible feather duster type tool.

katja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the same issue on my 2012. I bought it in an auction and it was sick, so I rigged up a duster type thing. I bought 4 feet of 2” air hose that you use for a fish tank and hot glued one of my kids bouncy balls to the cleaning end so it had some weight. I wrapped the cleaning end with a car wash sponge using fishing line. I wrapped it really tight because I was paranoid the sponge was going to come off and then be stuck somewhere down in my vents for the rest of time lol It worked awesome and got the majority of the initial dust out. I couldn’t get the defroster vent or the floor vents though, only the driver and passenger ones. I blasted all the vents with a steam machine. Couldn’t smell the dust much afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

malsup83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I need to rig something up like this.

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used a long flexible mechanical set of fingers with a swiffer duster, woks nice.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have this problem to. Im probably going to pull the dash and clean them :b

rubberbaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
such a strange thing to cut costs on considering the fact that it's a truck and likely to be used in dusty places.. SO much less cabin dust after I added the filter

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

malsup83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree that it will get dusty again the stink is what I'm trying to get rid of. When the heater or a/c is on it's horrible.