Egr valve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crowsfeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello again fellow Ram owners. Where would I find the torque specs for the new egr valve that I also installed? Is there a decent link to find this information?

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hello again fellow Ram owners. Where would I find the torque specs for the new egr valve that I also installed? Is there a decent link to find this information?

Two bolts torqued to 20 ft. lbs. for the EGR valve, and 20 ft. lbs. for the single bolt, tube to intake manifold connection.

Last edited:

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
Or just screw them back in and forget about it lol

I've replaced mine a couple times (damn thing keeps throwing codes) and I've never worried about the torque specs for the 2 bolts on it.

OP
OP
C

crowsfeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the advice Harley and Gecko. I have this nice torque wrench and really like to use it whenever i can, lol

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just deleted it an forgot about it. I love living in a non emissions state

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks for the advice Harley and Gecko. I have this nice torque wrench and really like to use it whenever i can, lol

As a professional US Navy, General Motors, and US Air Force master engine technician, I was trained early in my career to ALWAYS use a torque wrench when tightening bolts, nuts, etc. This is especially crucial when the bolts are steel and the threaded surface is Aluminum! I know you can get away with hand tight, but that allows the possibility of warped and, or broken parts.