Excessive rocker lash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbritt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What’s up guys new here, I just went through the cam and lifter swap went with the AMS kit, replaced all the seals down to where I needed to get. Valve springs, push rods, valve seals, lapped the valves, new oil pump, timing set, vvt actuator, solenoid. It was also an MDS delete and a set of BBK headers. After fighting a p0300 after assembly I found that I didn’t get the #7 intake pushrod seated so p0300 is gone now. But now I have too much play on the number 2 intake rocker and no I didn’t purge the lifters hind sight 2020 I didn’t realize that until here in the last day or so. This is the deepest I’ve dove into one. It runs correctly no codes or anything I just know that intake valve is what’s making my tick I have already had the valve cover off other than that everything is running and operating as it should. Also there were no issues on this cylinder before tear down. Broke a valve spring on the #5 cylinder. I inspected the rocker assembly and there were no visible bends/cracks that I could see. Any and all help on giving some direction would be awesome. Thanks!

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 4X4 Crew White/Chrome
2014 is 4th gen forum, you'd get much more help if you repost this in that forum.

OP
OP
M

Mbritt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for that, I didn’t release that it was only 3rd gen. It’s a collapsed lifter I found it