Exhaust system 2022 2500 Cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello, I am wanting to put a louder bigger exhaust system on my 2022 2500 Cummins. I am looking for at least a 5" and preferably all black or something I could paint black.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Good luck... unless you remove the emission system it's not going to get any louder... There's not really a muffler on these anyhow. The exhaust sound is muffled by the DPF and NOX filter. If you were to keep these filters you'd have to neck down the exhaust to fit them anyhow. They're 4".

OP
OP
Stylie

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Good luck... unless you remove the emission system it's not going to get any louder... There's not really a muffler on these anyhow. The exhaust sound is muffled by the DPF and NOX filter. If you were to keep these filters you'd have to neck down the exhaust to fit them anyhow. They're 4".
Oh poop thank you for the info.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
yeah, the emission system Is the exhaust so without deleting it there is nothing you can do to make it louder.

Longhorn1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Longhorn
Engine
Cummins SO
Won't going from the 4 inch pipe to a 5inch pipe out the back make it a little (tiny) bit louder?

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
OP I dunno how loud you really want to go, but from experience just deleting my truck and keeping the 4" exhaust made it pretty annoying when towing a trailer. Around 2k rpm the drone in the cab made it difficult to hold a conversation. Not to mention I got a lot of nasty stares and a few fingers when I left red lights in heavy traffic.

I ended up buying an Aero XL muffler and having it installed to kill the drone. It was still louder than stock but you could actually hold a conversation in the cab without your fillings coming out and the drone was all but gone.

Again though... if you really want a louder exhaust the only way to get there is to delete it.

Nick - how much deeper is the tone? I haven't seen anyone just add a 5" past the filters, but it makes sense that it would deepen the tone.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Be real careful if you plan to "delete" anything. The EPA is really cracking down on violators of the Clean Air Act, which prohibits tampering with or removing the factory emissions system. Even if you live in a non-emissions state you will run afoul of federal regulations. At this point I wouldn't even be talking online about having or selling emissions delete gear.

Longhorn1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Longhorn
Engine
Cummins SO
Yes, that's true. You have to weed through the hype. In general I think their stuff is high quality.

OP
OP
Stylie

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
OP I dunno how loud you really want to go, but from experience just deleting my truck and keeping the 4" exhaust made it pretty annoying when towing a trailer. Around 2k rpm the drone in the cab made it difficult to hold a conversation. Not to mention I got a lot of nasty stares and a few fingers when I left red lights in heavy traffic.

I ended up buying an Aero XL muffler and having it installed to kill the drone. It was still louder than stock but you could actually hold a conversation in the cab without your fillings coming out and the drone was all but gone.

Again though... if you really want a louder exhaust the only way to get there is to delete it.

Nick - how much deeper is the tone? I haven't seen anyone just add a 5" past the filters, but it makes sense that it would deepen the tone.
I want it loud but not stupid crazy loud. And I would just laugh and stomp on the gas if people flicked me off & gave me nasty stares.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I want it loud but not stupid crazy loud. And I would just laugh and stomp on the gas if people flicked me off & gave me nasty stares.
Should have bought a Cummins '18 or older as the injection strategy didn't quiet the engine down as much. It's sorta impressive how they can quiet a diesel engine down with just pilot injections.
Even under a load this latest version of the Cummins is pretty well quiet compared to earlier years.

OP
OP
Stylie

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Should have bought a Cummins '18 or older as the injection strategy didn't quiet the engine down as much. It's sorta impressive how they can quiet a diesel engine down with just pilot injections.
Even under a load this latest version of the Cummins is pretty well quiet compared to earlier years.
Yeah I know but I can't buy used... and I couldn't afford one back then. :(