Extang Solid Fold 2.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Had my Solid Fold for a year+

I've got the SF2.0 and I don't mind it. I barely use my truck as a truck, so its rarely open, or off. However, that being said it comes off in 30 seconds. Completely. The only thing that bugs me, is how the bed and tailgate are shaped versus how the cover is shaped. Its square/rectangular and the truck body isn't. So it looks like it fits dumb. Unless your going with a full hard shell this is how they all look. You get used to it. I like how easy it comes off and on or opens and closes, but one thing I didn't realize was it won't flip up to the back window. If you want full bed use you need to remove it. The plus side of that, you don't drill or bolt rails on. Its a love hate. I paid $250 off a 6 month old truck so I can't complain. It works and is fairly weather tight.

What he said above. The SF2.0 has been a good cover, durable, easy to use and take off. Love the flush covers, but never found one that met all my criteria.

OP
OP
D

deltaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 Hemi 5.7L
I went with the Solid Fold 2.0. It's super bomber and goes on/off super easy. I was really against installing a rail system where it could get beat up and warped. So far the deal is good and after a day of rain, it stayed dry.

And $650 was a good price point for a reputable company cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

axhoaxho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Greetings,

I just saw this threat -- I have a 2017 RAM 1500, with factory spray-on bed liner.

A quick question for other RAM owners who have the 'Extang Solid Fold 2.0.'

Is it just a clamp-on installation (does it need to modify/trim the bed?)

I am looking for a hard tonneau cover, and prefer not to modify/trim the bed in order to install it.

Thanks for any tips,

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
2016 RAM 1500 w/spray liner and Solid Fold 2.0

I've had my Solid Fold for over a year on my 2016. Have a LineX spray line. No issues with the Solid Fold, seems to seal pretty well, particularly against rain and snow. I get a little moisture on occasion when I go through the wash, but not much. Only complaint is having to open the tailgate to open the cover. Otherwise its solid and seems to be holding up well.

axhoaxho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had my Solid Fold for over a year on my 2016. Have a LineX spray line. No issues with the Solid Fold, seems to seal pretty well, particularly against rain and snow. I get a little moisture on occasion when I go through the wash, but not much. Only complaint is having to open the tailgate to open the cover. Otherwise its solid and seems to be holding up well.

Thank you for the information. I am considering the Extang Solid Fold 2.0 for my truck (it came with factory spray-on bed liner.)

May I ask if your installation was easy, and did it require any modification/trimming of the bed?

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Thank you for the information. I am considering the Extang Solid Fold 2.0 for my truck (it came with factory spray-on bed liner.)

May I ask if your installation was easy, and did it require any modification/trimming of the bed?

Takes longer to get it out of the packaging then to install. Zero mods/trimming of the bed on mine.

djd

axhoaxho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Takes longer to get it out of the packaging then to install. Zero mods/trimming of the bed on mine.

djd

That's great to hear, thanks!

I like the idea of the Extang Solid Fold 2.0 that just drop-in and clamp-on to the bed, without modifying the bed to fit.

I am going to order one before the rain season comes.

Regards,

axhoaxho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just checked with Extang Customer Services. Good news, recently Extang has improved its Solid Fold 2.0 tonneau cover.

It replaced the original bed clamps to a new Jaw-Grip clamps, new EZ-Lock clamps, and more.

I welcome these improvements, and I am looking forward to ordering the Solid Fold 2.0 for my RAM 1500 very soon.

M198641642.jpg

Our new cab clamps lead the industry by attaching directly to your bed flanges without damage or alteration to your bed caps. Our exclusive patented clamp is the strongest in the industry!

M193196290.jpg

The re-engineered, patented EZ-Lock Clamp requires minimal physical effort to operate and self-locks in position when attached to the bed flange for added security.