FASS DDRP Lift Pump and relocation kit questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, I know the DDRP is not really a performance upgrade but it is new and came with the truck. It is mounted already but I plan to relocate it near the tank. The kit comes with 3/8 line, At what point do I want to go to 1/2 inch line? I am going 1/2 from Filter housing to Injection pump with better fittings. My plan at this point is just a Quadzilla tuner, Will DDRP keep up at max level? I will upgrade Lift pump at some point.

Thanks

Mike Holmen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2016/2022
Engine
magnum 5.2/5.9 hemi 5.7/6.1
You still going to run the stock fuel pick-up unit? I've owned 5 2nd gen cummins trucks over 20 years or so. The cheapest, best mod I did was run a walbro inline/efi fuel regulator set at 28 psi with stock fuel pick-up. The rest of stock fuel system/line is ok at your power levels. All my trucks ran the edge and injectors. Worst thing about the truck is the transmission unless you find a NV4500.

OP
OP
J

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was not planing to change anything inside of the tank at this time.
If I frame mount the DDRP will I be able to use the same holes or at least some of them if I move to a Fass 165 or an Airdog down the road? I would rather not keep drilling holes in the frame.

James T Collins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Turbo Diesel
I finally gave up on the stock lift pumps. I purchased an Air Dog Raptor RP-4G 100 for my 1998.5 Cummins. This pump is for stock trucks and the original fuel lines are fine. The increase in performance was quite noticeable. My truck had been starved for fuel on big hills and towing, etc.
Be aware that although this pump mounts in the original location, it is difficult to access. The ECM wiring is in the way and the pump is designed for the later model Gen 2 trucks which access the fuel filter from the top. It went in - but not without modifications.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357