Flex plate replaced now whistling noise like blowing a piece of paper or blade of grass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ponty24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some back ground…
Flex plate broke at 160,000, got it repaired at a dodge stealership for warranty purposes. Many other repairs done but nothing catastrophic and transmission related.

2 weeks ago im at 240,000 flex plate cracked and I caught it before it broke this time. I took it back to a dealership ( different location ) they repaired the flexplate stating im lucky this time they covered it because of a new bulletin that came out that there techs didn’t even know about, that the harmonic balancer caused this problem but there doing me a favor this time by honoring the warranty ! ! !

Once the repair was completed I picked the vehicle up and soon as I put it in reverse a noise would come on like blowing a blade of grass or piece of paper at a high pitch then would go away, but driving down the road the noise would be there the whole time changing pitches. But will not go away.

I told the service manager there advice was drive it a few miles the noise will go away.

I then took the truck to get the harmonic balancer changed 12 miles away with the noise still there, so I brought it back.

present day trucks been in the shop a week now and they still can’t figure the noise out, it’s coming from the bell houseing where the flex plate is, and can be replicated by power braking only or driving. What they’ve tried is spraying lubricant on pants they think could be rubbing, unbolted tourqe converter and spun it and re bolted no problems.

Now there saying it’s my problem to deal with then carried on with Chryslers a big company here’s there phone number…. Again mentioning they did me a favor by fixing the original problem under warranty like holding it over me.

I need help. this truck is my buisness as a hot shot driver and my family’s only income and days off the road are crucial.

See less

OP
OP
P

Ponty24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 & aisin transmission stock flexplate and stick tourqe converter