Flotation Tire fitment question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zwanzigoetzel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good morning!
I have a 2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn 5.7 Hemi. I just bought a used set of rims and tires that were in great shape. The wheels are 20 inch stock and the tires are flotation tires 35x12.50R20LT.
I had Les Schwab mount them. They look pretty sweet and rugged and the previous owner said it will fit my truck. While I don‘t see any obvious clearance issues, I was wondering if it is ok to have these rims and tires without a lift kit or other mods. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Last edited:

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As long as you dont have rubbing your good just realize your gas mileage will drop even tho its not that good to begin with.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Those are not floatation tires by the way. You have no where near enough tire to keep you on top in swamp or even loose sand, even aired way down. Make sure you have recovery gear, and hopefully another truck, when you are trying them out off road.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You will have some rubbing on the fronts. Mine are 35x12x18 (half an inch narrower) and I do not have any lift. Mine rubbed pretty bad without doing any modifications. I wasn't going to put them on yet but then had to do so in a sort of emergency and luckily 15min with a hammer gave me enough clearance. That said, I do still have a little rubbing on occasion. On top of that, yours are slightly wider than mine.

TLDR: You can make them fit without a lift, but it will take some work to the fender liner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat