Found Out Why There Are Downstream O2 Sensor Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mopar Muscle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I crawled under the truck and both cats have been replaced. They just cut the wires to the rear O2 sensors and plugged the holes in the cats.

There are two plugs in the cats so which one do I need to use to put the sensors back in? I'm thinking the rear one.

Thanks

IMG_0445.jpg

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Umm. Not sure what’s going on there. Obviously someone swapped the cats out. Are they fake cats? I would look into an actual y pipe replacement so the o2 sensors are all in proper locations but yes. I would guess the rear one. It’s after cats.

OP
OP
Mopar Muscle

Mopar Muscle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, the check engine light is on and the only codes it has are for the downstream O2 sensors. Everything is working fine and they don't check emissions or cel here but I'd like the light off so if something else occurs I'll know about it.

Last edited:

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok, I was going to say if the light was off and the light still worked maybe it was tuned.
As long as he didn't cut the harness side, it should be an easy fix.

Might want to pull the upstream plug and make sure that there's still the cat's guts in there, if it is hollow then there are other steps you will need to take to get the light to stay off.