Front left clicking when turning to right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gerald Emert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm in the Mountains and have many switch backs while going to and from home. When going up or down hill and turning to right, there is a clicking coming from the left front wheel area on my new to me 2017 5.7 L, 4X4 Laramie, crew cab with air suspension and 20 inch tires. Had the truck a month now. Great deal, 28K Corona special with 11,900 or so miles when I bought it. 12,500 miles now. 36 month warranty is expired. No noise when turning to left. If I slow significantly the clicking will subside. Seems to have something to do with the truck leaning to the left when turning right. Thanks in advance.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
what he said, not a terrible expensive fix, just replace the entire exle.

Most places the second axle if you buy two is like 50 bucks, makes sense to do both at that point. 2012-2017 Ram 1500 Axle Shaft Set front versus one side, compare the costs. I'm not sure that the replacements are solid steel, it hardly matters that entire connection is a weak point. Kind of a maintenance item more than anything.

When they start clicking, failure is imminent, you should not wait to long especially with all the switchbacks.

07876686-MK2K9D9M.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gerald Emert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update, the noise was the chrome cover separating from the actual wheel. I didn't know they did this! A 55K truck that doesn't have real "mag" wheels? Wheel covers just like the cheap crap!! The dealer is replacing the wheel. Crazy what they will do now. The chrome covered wheel I mean.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Update, the noise was the chrome cover separating from the actual wheel. I didn't know they did this! A 55K truck that doesn't have real "mag" wheels? Wheel covers just like the cheap crap!! The dealer is replacing the wheel. Crazy what they will do now. The chrome covered wheel I mean.

Hi @gerald Emert - If you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM.

Mark
RamCares

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Your thread title is the Lyrics to a Sir Mixalot song... :happy175:

Lifters tickin', accelerator's stickin'
Somethin' on my left front wheel keeps clickin'...

Good luck getting your problem resolved. :)

OP
OP
G

gerald Emert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi @gerald Emert - If you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM.

Mark
RamCares

Seriously? Those wheels are crap on an expensive truck! This is my 4th ram, my last was a 2004 that I still don't have the heart to sell because it is such a great truck. Now I buy a 2017, great deal but...fake wheels??? I've never run into such cheap crap on a truck like this. I still love the truck but you should kick some butt wherever they designed this junk! Now I have to drop who knows how much on new wheels!

Famous Ray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gerald, I am having that same issue with my '17.It just started about a week ago. Was dreading taking it to the dealer at first. Thank you for posting your results .I was thinking what everyone else was says cv axle...front brakes......stab links , but with 48000 babied miles i i didnt think there should be any issues yet. I am going to rotate my L/S front tire to the rear and see if the clicking stops though
Thanks again...

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm in the Mountains and have many switch backs while going to and from home. When going up or down hill and turning to right, there is a clicking coming from the left front wheel area on my new to me 2017 5.7 L, 4X4 Laramie, crew cab with air suspension and 20 inch tires. Had the truck a month now. Great deal, 28K Corona special with 11,900 or so miles when I bought it. 12,500 miles now. 36 month warranty is expired. No noise when turning to left. If I slow significantly the clicking will subside. Seems to have something to do with the truck leaning to the left when turning right. Thanks in advance.

Put on some A/C D/C and crank it up! You will NOT hear it anymore! ;)

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are going on my truck when the next CV axel breaks. Pretty expensive for CV axels, but are said to hold up to any kind of abuse!FD4DDA4E-159B-43E2-BE73-254821A0AFD1.png

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree. Those chrome plated plastic stick-ones wheels were awful. But they went well with those car tire, SRAs. Whew! That combo was bad.

I'm not usually one to change wheels, but I did XD Cranks and BFG AT/TA KOs. Never looked back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca