Gen 4 center console in a 07 SLT Crew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Hello all, I have a 2007 Ram 1500 with the cloth front bench seat. Im interested in installing one of the gen 4 center consoles to replace the jump seat in the middle that will never be used. found that the gen 4 consoles for almost half the cost of the gen 3 consoles so I'm willing to do some work on it. Thanks for the future help!

spankis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I don't have a direct reference for this, BUT I recall reading that the front seats and console from a 4th gen are more or less a direct swap into a 3rd gen if you use consoles and seats of the same generation. For example, mixing seats and consoles could be an issue. Take a look at your console, and I think you will see that it mounts to the seat frame itself. The physical mounts of the seats are shared between gens (almost identical "body tub") but the dimensions for the console mounts to the seat "subframe" may be different.

cfodor

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 3rd gen consoles mount the same brackets that the jump seats mount to. The 4th gen consoles mount to the floor and to the dash. It could be done but you would have to cut the brackets off your seats. I would keep looking for a 3rd gen console the guys wanting over a grand are crazy they do sell them but they sit on them for months. I get around $500 to $650 out of a 3rd gen console depending on condition