Guangzhou Auto Group Interested In FCA Majority Stake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
Guangzhou Auto Group Interested In FCA Majority Stake

MILAN -- Milan-listed shares in Fiat Chrysler Automobiles rose more than 3 percent today after a media report suggested that China's Guangzhou Automobile Group was considering making an offer for a majority stake in the automaker.

Il Giornale daily said in an unsourced report that Guangzhou Auto, which already has a joint venture with FCA in China, may be interested in buying a stake.

amocoharley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well that will end me buying their product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Well that will end me buying their product

So a Chinese auto maker buys out an Italian auto maker and it's a I won't buy foreign anymore. I'll wait until I see what it does to the product. If better, I'll buy if worse, I'll switch.

This ain't our grandparent's world anymore.

amocoharley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do appreciate your point but I have no interest in spending my hard earned money with China. I'm not a fan.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah not too excited... better by me a cummins before this happens lol. Either that or I'll have my ram for a long long time

Last edited:

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I do appreciate your point but I have no interest in spending my hard earned money with China. I'm not a fan.

I'm not a fan of foreign ownership but if I decided not to buy because of that issue, I'd be naked and driving the crap the US automakers produced prior to the Japanese car sales.

amocoharley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Again understand your point avantiguy. I try hard to buy USA best I can. I know my socks and underwear are from overseas and I can live with that. For big purchases though I just am not comfortable with overseas stuff.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably 80% of our trucks now are already made in China...

More foreign cars are made in America these days than American cars.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
So a Chinese auto maker buys out an Italian auto maker and it's a I won't buy foreign anymore. I'll wait until I see what it does to the product. If better, I'll buy if worse, I'll switch.

This ain't our grandparent's world anymore.
]

For me, it's a "I won't buy Chinese Ram because I've been burned too much on their Junk. If I never buy another thing that had anything to do with China, I would count myself lucky and actively attempt to never buy anything with their countries name upon it."

FYI, only thing keeping me in this Ram is Ford and Chevy are just as poorly, cheaply and el crapo made. Drove Dodge, all my life, last one was a 1999 Dodge 2500 and if I could get that same truck, back, I would rebuild it from the ground up and call it good til I died of old Age. 9mpg, V-10, be damned.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
]

For me, it's a "I won't buy Chinese Ram because I've been burned too much on their Junk. If I never buy another thing that had anything to do with China, I would count myself lucky and actively attempt to never buy anything with their countries name upon it."

FYI, only thing keeping me in this Ram is Ford and Chevy are just as poorly, cheaply and el crapo made. Drove Dodge, all my life, last one was a 1999 Dodge 2500 and if I could get that same truck, back, I would rebuild it from the ground up and call it good til I died of old Age. 9mpg, V-10, be damned.

If production moves to China your case and point are well made. But if they follow suit with other foreign owned manufactures they will be made in America by Americans or at least in Mexico by Mexicans.

I'll continue to see how it plays out, if the ownership does change and the new owners make a better product, I'll buy based on quality.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca