Hanging air dam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El Guapo Phil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do not know when and how it happened, but the passenger side of the front bumper air dam is hanging. .

It is split from the angle piece where the snap nut go to hold it in place. I used plastic ties and bore two holes to hold it in place. It is not too bad just not pretty.

Question: If I remove the black air dam will it cause further issues? Is the air dam necessary? Can I leave it off the truck? Will it affect any other working part underneath the motor.

Remember, I live in Belize, so getting part like this is a 45 to 60 day ordeal.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do not know when and how it happened, but the passenger side of the front bumper air dam is hanging. .

It is split from the angle piece where the snap nut go to hold it in place. I used plastic ties and bore two holes to hold it in place. It is not too bad just not pretty.

Question: If I remove the black air dam will it cause further issues? Is the air dam necessary? Can I leave it off the truck? Will it affect any other working part underneath the motor.

Remember, I live in Belize, so getting part like this is a 45 to 60 day ordeal.

Removing it won’t hurt it one bit. It does nothing more than help with road debris and aerodynamics.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can take it off. Some have done it, just to get more ground clearance up front. I trimmed the bottom portion of mine off (the flat downward piece) just for the sake of doing it. Made the front end look a little higher. It is mainly there for fuel mileage.