Head light quad to dual conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gia1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.3 liter v8
I recently purchased headlights from amazon. They said they were compatible with the original quad set up. I opened the box to find they use dual halogen bulbs. Is there, or can I use LED bulbs that work as a dual "filament" set up? I currently have the Fahren H11 and 9005 in my 2011 Ram 1500 4.3 lt v8 SLT?
link listed below

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know what bulbs those lights use. Should tell you what they are on the lens or on the back of the housing. There is no dual filament h11 or 9005. Those housings will plug right into your truck with no issue.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not quite sure of your question but I would return those lights while you can, your going to get very poor output out of them at best. Probably wacky beam patterns and fogging also.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can't speak to the quality of them, but I'd assume it uses a single bulb and has a shutter for lo/hi. This is how many many projector lights have been employed in the past. Basically you're running a high beam all the time with a portion of the beam blocked out into a low beam shape.

See what bulb it takes and report back.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently purchased headlights from amazon. They said they were compatible with the original quad set up. I opened the box to find they use dual halogen bulbs. Is there, or can I use LED bulbs that work as a dual "filament" set up? I currently have the Fahren H11 and 9005 in my 2011 Ram 1500 4.3 lt v8 SLT?
link listed below

I've never heard of a dual-element LED bulb, I'd say you've been burned.

As always and especially with online purchases, buyer beware. If the item doesn't clearly state it uses standard bulbs, chances are it doesn't.

This is a review from this item;

"I ordered because they were suppose to be quad headlight compatible. They have a generic halogen bulb that doesn't lock in. I have LED that I would like to use and they won't fit. These will only take a dual filament bulbs. Free shipping, but they are charging to ship back. Description should stat the type of bulb and base needed for these head lights."

AFAIK, this is the same item I purchased although, for some odd reason the details in the picture no longer indicate the dimensional size of .9".

These were not the correct bulbs for my projectors which use 9005s for both high & low beams. The 9005s that I installed in the high beam side from this set are quite spectacular.

I've since installed another set of 9005s on the low-beam side. They're bright enough to travel at 60mph on rural highways using only the low beams with driving lights (OEM LED fog lights).

And, welcome.gif to Ram Forum :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat