Heater box and fan speed switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Concrete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2013 ram 1500 sport, first of all the ac/heater fan speed switch don’t work on 2nd speed is it the resister, or switch and the big one is I do Not have dual climate control but I’m only getting warm air on the passenger side. I have looked at the actuators working as I move the hot/cold, defrost/vent/floor switches and I truly don’t believe it’s them. I did read somewhere that the plastic blend door shaft that controls both doors together without duel cc could have broke and the actuator is only allowing part of the blend door to alllow air from the core to the drivers side. Before I tear this whole thing apart just wanted to know if that switch could be related somehow to my blend door issue and what you all have experienced with this. Thanks in advance

Dizzleus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same issue with my fan speed switch, except now my 1st and 2nd speed do not work. Hoping someone else out there has had a similar issue.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
If 8.4 radio system, Likely fan resistor... Then HVAC module behind passenger air vent.

If smaller radio, it's likely the resistor , then the entire HVAC bezel/controls since the electronics are built in (vs 8.4 system)

Dizzleus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was the blower resistor (68048900AA) located in the passenger footwell. I think I paid ~$54 from the dealer and it fixed it right away. Was 2 awkward screws and 5 minutes of time to fix.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517