HELP 2016 ram trans tuning not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Long story short... I recently got my unlocked pcm from diablosport and installed yesterday... updated my trinity and went to install a diablo tune prior to doing my custom tune. Well it read and saved the original backup for pcm... and wrote the diablo pcm file but no TCM files? It's an 8 speed and as per my tuner it should have wrote a separate tune... any one have any ideas on this? I tried multiple times back to stock and so forth..truck drives fine tuned just doesnt give a trans tuning option?

Appreciate any help

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Oh had this problem when I got my tuner. Had to phone diablo do a bunch of screwing around. They had to make me a custom file because my tuner didn't download the update properly once they did that everything worked properly.

OP
OP
chris52010trx4

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Oh had this problem when I got my tuner. Had to phone diablo do a bunch of screwing around. They had to make me a custom file because my tuner didn't download the update properly once they did that everything worked properly.
Frig... I was hoping that wasnt the case.. I'm 99 percent sure i did the right update.. unless I have to calibrate the tuner?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I'd call them. They're super helpful and had me figured out very quickly. I don't think I was even on hold for two minutes. They sgouoc be able to fix you up right quick.

OP
OP
chris52010trx4

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'd call them. They're super helpful and had me figured out very quickly. I don't think I was even on hold for two minutes. They sgouoc be able to fix you up right quick.
So I emailed a "senior tech" at diablosport and was given the explanation that my application (my specific truck) was not supported by the t1000 and that I'd need to purchase a diablosport t2 or the i3 ... which really.pissed me off... I wouldn't have wasted my money on the pcm had I known I'd have to buy another tuner when originally I was told the t1000 would work... so I called.. and in a matter of minutes I spoke to another gentleman that told me hes pretty sure it was a calibration update... sure enough that's all it was. Trans is now tuned and now onto a custom tune shortly

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Yeah email support from them is painful. I don't know why.