Help after key fob battery change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Looking for some help for my 2017 Ram Sport Night edition, V8 5.7L HEMI.

I have two key fobs and one was in my wife's vehicle so I tried to use my spare to start my truck . Turns out the key had a dead battery (didn't know that I could start my truck with a dead key fob until reading on here yesterday) so later that day I replace both key batteries and hit the unlock lock buttons and they work. Next day I go to start it and my dash is saying "service electronic braking system" and "park sense off" now it wont start and the brake peddle is hard. I only stepped on the brake peddle a few times trying to get it to start. All the lights and radio work fine. I tried disconnecting the battery to try to reset the computer but it didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Looking for some help for my 2017 Ram Sport Night edition, V8 5.7L HEMI.

I have two key fobs and one was in my wife's vehicle so I tried to use my spare to start my truck . Turns out the key had a dead battery (didn't know that I could start my truck with a dead key fob until reading on here yesterday) so later that day I replace both key batteries and hit the unlock lock buttons and they work. Next day I go to start it and my dash is saying "service electronic braking system" and "park sense off" now it wont start and the brake peddle is hard. I only stepped on the brake peddle a few times trying to get it to start. All the lights and radio work fine. I tried disconnecting the battery to try to reset the computer but it didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. When you get the chance, could you please send us a private message, so our team can take a further look into this for you?

Dakota
Ram Cares

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
That's interesting. I need to put a battery in mine soon, hoping I don't have similar issues

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
i seriously doubt that the changing of the battery had anything to do with the problems.

Just for grins, press the Panic button on either of the FOBs.
If the ALARM goes off, the FOB is still connected to the Rams RF Hub

I also doubt that your FOBs Battery was even close to dead
Of course, we will not know unless you tested it

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Update. Changed the battery and it fired right up and the service electronic braking system message went away and park sense is back to normal.