HELP!!!!!!!!! idk wth is wrong with it lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

hotrod_okie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 dodge 1500
Engine
4.7l
its thrown a third code now for manifold pressure

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
its thrown a third code now for manifold pressure

IMO, more codes the better. If there is nothing in common with the codes, then it starts to points at harness damage or a loose connector. This time of the year the mice are building nest.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hotrod_okie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 dodge 1500
Engine
4.7l
so your saying check out my harness

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CCSB Black Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah I'm feeling EGI harness damage or ECM is fried. The condition you are describing sounds like the ECM lost communication with the TCM, which is a very bad situation when you're dealing with an electronically controlled trans. Aside from visible damage to the harness, the easiest way to check everything is to watch the data monitors for every PID with a scantool. Or if you've got the time(and the drive), you can print a pinout for the ECM and do a continuity check of every single wire... this is not fun. at all. But sometimes necessary.

Start by looking for the usual critter signs:
little footprints/scratchmarks in the dust/grime under the hood
chewed up insulation
dog food/cat food/acorns hoarded around in corners and in tight places
then look closer, frayed wire loom, frayed wires, etc.

the IAT, injectors, and MAP sensor all run on the same harness, and the first point of convergence for all those would be near the firewall so check there.

OP
OP
H

hotrod_okie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 dodge 1500
Engine
4.7l
ok thanks guys. will check this weekend. pulling it apart. i may just pull the whole engine wiring harness and go over it with a fine tooth comb. ill post an update when i find it. if its not the harness then ill just bend over and take it to a shop lol

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
If I read this right, the problem occurred all at once while driving. If so then it points at something suddenly failing. Multiple sensor failures often points at connectors/wiring. Pulling the whole harness is possibly overkill unless yours is easier to pull then mine. Everything is inter connected so several things can put you in limp mode. I wouldn't focus on the trans until you have the engine back running right. Good luck...

OP
OP
H

hotrod_okie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 dodge 1500
Engine
4.7l
ok heres an update and what ive done so far since my last post.

1. new computer and flashed correctly. only thing is computer is flashed with mileagae at 149201 when speedo shows 149203. dont think thats the cause.

2. pulled complete "engine" wiring harness checked continuety on everywire and conector.

3. replace throttle position seansor, crank seansor, cam seansor, and also oil pressure seansors.

4. have tested fuel pump. even though its a month old and had good pressure.

5. tested fuel rail and injectors. one was a little burnt on the exterior for some reason. replaced injector and o rings.

6. tested fuses in fuse box under hood and also checked were they plugged into for continuity.

7. did a compression check and numbers were good and none were far from each other.

8. tested coil packs and all were firing. not real bright but not sure if their supposed to be.

9. checked all wiring under truck. and checked wiring under dash for shorts as best i could.

ok thats what ive done up to this point. not sure what else it could be. i even have the local dodge house scratching their heads.. when u turn the key and try to start it it will turn over for a few seconds then sputter turn over and sputter. almost like it wants to start but wont. before it would just turn over with nothing. still no codes. any ideas guys

OP
OP
H

hotrod_okie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 dodge 1500
Engine
4.7l
even though i hated doing it i pulled the airbox away from throttle body. opened it up and sprayed so starting fluid in there and it only sputtered more. wouldnt start

mudjunky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
did the truck die will moving or did it die coming to a stop check what your fuel pressure is or have some one check it if its low you have a week fuel pump locked torq converter youd have some pretty **** shifting ei if you hold guears way way to long

OP
OP
H

hotrod_okie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 dodge 1500
Engine
4.7l
ive checked fuel pressure and it has plenty of pressure. it died while moving. i was rolling down the highway about 75 mbh and it just died.

OP
OP
H

hotrod_okie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 dodge 1500
Engine
4.7l
have already tested fuel pressure and it was fine. gets fuel great. also died rolling down highway 75- 80 mph

OP
OP
H

hotrod_okie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 dodge 1500
Engine
4.7l
oh yes and i replaced iat sensor lol

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sounds like its gotta be something with the tranny then. Probably one of the sensors, but Im not much help with those...

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
With all that you have done/replaced. Have you checked the "Crank sensor" or "Cam sensor"? These are closely related and can keep an engine from running and fail instantly. On the hemi if a signal isn't sensed by the PCM after cranking it cuts the fuel and ignition power source (ASD relay). Also there is a tone ring on the crank that have broken on rare occasions at high rpm. So when the crank sensor is removed, try to look into the hole to take a look at the ring. Good luck..