Help me keep the RAMBox light on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gizmoguide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The issue I'm running into is that the Rambox lighting is tied to the ignition, if the truck is off, the lights in the Rambox stay off. There's a yellow switch in there, but it doesn't do anything if the truck isn't on. How do I wire this so that the switch controls whether it is on or off regardless of whether the truck is on off? Or how do I tie it into my cargo light switch to manually control it from there? Or do you have a better idea for lighting in the rambox?

2014 RAM 1500 Laramie Limited 5.7

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The issue I'm running into is that the Rambox lighting is tied to the ignition, if the truck is off, the lights in the Rambox stay off. There's a yellow switch in there, but it doesn't do anything if the truck isn't on. How do I wire this so that the switch controls whether it is on or off regardless of whether the truck is on off? Or how do I tie it into my cargo light switch to manually control it from there? Or do you have a better idea for lighting in the rambox?

2014 RAM 1500 Laramie Limited 5.7
It will stay on, but there is some weird combination that I'm not thinking of presently that makes it work. Try hitting the unlock button on the FOB with it open or maybe it's with the driver door open? I noticed the same thing...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
How do Ram owners run the BED Lights ?

I am not positive, but the Ram box wiring runs up from the frame & tail lights.

I watched a video, the guy unscrewed the Ram Box & lifted the boxes out.
He seemed to indicate that the wiring was at the rear corners