I had Audio Upgraded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

platoon2063

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 eTorque
I'm a fan of music; love live concerts.
Anyways, the stock Alpine system in my new Bighorn wasn't bad for a stock system. I just like a little more clarity and bass in my music. I've installed aftermarket systems in each of my last 2 vehicles however, this time I elected to have a local shop do the install.

System includes:
Stereo Integrity TM65's in the doors
Audiofrog GS25's in the dash
JL TW3 10" subs (will change out the sub box in the near future)
Musway amps
Helix DSP (the absolute must have for a proper sounding system, IMO) or at least some type of dsp

20230918_125839.jpg20230918_124506.jpg

skates15

Reaction score
I'm looking to do the same, including a dsp. How much did this cost?

OP
OP
P

platoon2063

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 eTorque
I'm looking to do the same, including a dsp. How much did this cost?
First.....make sure the shop is reputable and knows what they're doing. Ask questions. I've done my last two installs myself but been busy and just didn't want to tackle this one.

Cost will vary. I got 3 quotes and ended up taking the middle quote. Not necessarily for the price but because the two guys that own the shop asked me several questions and had a couple of different ideas as far as install and products to use.

I paid $3500 which included the two amps in the pic, two JL subs, sound deadening front doors and installing the rest of my gear I already owned (dash speakers, door speakers and the Helix dsp).

skates15

Reaction score
First.....make sure the shop is reputable and knows what they're doing. Ask questions. I've done my last two installs myself but been busy and just didn't want to tackle this one.

Cost will vary. I got 3 quotes and ended up taking the middle quote. Not necessarily for the price but because the two guys that own the shop asked me several questions and had a couple of different ideas as far as install and products to use.

I paid $3500 which included the two amps in the pic, two JL subs, sound deadening front doors and installing the rest of my gear I already owned (dash speakers, door speakers and the Helix dsp).
Ah, okay. I got a ball park today of two amps, dsp, sub, sound deadning, folcum speakers installed and tuned for 5500. I was shocked it was so expensive for the 9 speaker setup.

OP
OP
P

platoon2063

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 eTorque
If you don't mind......model/brand of amps, dsp, sub, etc.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Boy, I hope you change that sub box sooner than later. Look as if the subs would be rubbing in the seats when down. I have the JL Audio stealthbox in mine and it has 2 down firing 12tw3 subs... sounds amazing!

OP
OP
P

platoon2063

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 eTorque
Boy, I hope you change that sub box sooner than later. Look as if the subs would be rubbing in the seats when down. I have the JL Audio stealthbox in mine and it has 2 down firing 12tw3 subs... sounds amazing!
No there is about an inch or so clearance.
That's all my local shop had in stock at the time. I have a custom box on order from Net Audio in Wichita Falls, TX. They specialize in Ram subwoofer boxes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517