Interior Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Miller

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7 Himi
I’ve read several threads on this topic however, none quite fit my issue, or I haven’t found it yet, anyway. The lights do not come on when the doors are open or when you rotate the switch in either direction. I thought maybe a door sensor, but when the truck is on, the door open indicator shows what door is open. The map lights will turn on when pressed. When the headlight switch is rotated right the dash lights dim, when rotated left the dash lights get bright but turning all the way to the detents, none of the interior lights turn on. The bulb and fusesare good so I don’t know what to look for next. I just bought the truck from a Chevy dealer and they can’t figure it out. It’s a 2015 2500 with the 5.0 radio.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Something is weird, when you rotate the dial to the left(twords the driver's door), the dash lights should dim and all the way to the left the cab lights will turn off even with the door open. Rotating the dial to the right(twords the passenger side) will make the dash get brighter, all the way to the right will turn the overhead lights on with the doors closed.
Only thing they don't mention in the video is about the interior lights turning off if the knob is rotated to the left.

OP
OP
J

James Miller

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7 Himi
I wrote the right and left backwards, I do that sometimes. When you rotate the switch, the dash lights go up and down but all the way will not turn on the interior lights. The map lights work when you press them but do not come on when the door is opened. I've checked everything I can think of. Thanks for the video it confirmed something is wonky

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'm guessing the headlight switch assembly may be bad. The dimmer part works but the override switch part doesn't, maybe internally it's stuck in the all off position. A quick search with Google looks like the assembly is about $50.

OP
OP
J

James Miller

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7 Himi
So I replaced the switch and still not working. I guess I have a short

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts