iPhone pairing and volume/speaker control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2015 Ram R/T single cab. When an iPhone is paired and a call is received should the call be heard through all the speakers or just the front dash speakers? I can only hear the call out of the left front speaker and the volume control does not seem to increase the volume of the call. In my previous Ram--2016 Sports CC the call could be heard from all the front dash speakers. The volume on the iPhone is maxed out but with the road noise etc. calls can barely be heard through just the one-dash speaker. I'm wondering if I have a speaker problem or a phone problem. All three front dash speakers have been replaced and work properly when playing music or the CD player. Any insight would be appreciated.
Jay

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Have you tried pairing another phone or remove the phone and re-pair? For my 5th gen, only the nav comes out the front left and I'm not sure about phone calls - I'll listen better the next time I'm on a call.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
2015 Ram R/T single cab. When an iPhone is paired and a call is received should the call be heard through all the speakers or just the front dash speakers? I can only hear the call out of the left front speaker and the volume control does not seem to increase the volume of the call. In my previous Ram--2016 Sports CC the call could be heard from all the front dash speakers. The volume on the iPhone is maxed out but with the road noise etc. calls can barely be heard through just the one-dash speaker. I'm wondering if I have a speaker problem or a phone problem. All three front dash speakers have been replaced and work properly when playing music or the CD player. Any insight would be appreciated.
Jay
I don't have an iPhone but I think there is an iPhone setting that "plays calls as notifications" which would explain it playing like a "navigation prompt" instead of like "Bluetooth audio"...