Is the top section of my dash removable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trip_111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2012 ram bighorn and I want to make it a one of a kind truck. I had the idea of pulling the top center section of my dash and wrapping it in some sort of leather but I have no idea if that's even possible. Is that section like welded to the rest of the dash? Is it just screwed in from Inside the dash? Any advice would greatly be appreciated

OP
OP
trip_111

trip_111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I know there is a leather wrapped dash that came from the factory but how did they wrap it?

OP
OP
trip_111

trip_111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've watched that video already he's swapped the whole dash out I just want to do that top section that's leather in his new dash I want to wrap that section in a different color leather or faux ostrich or croc

OP
OP
trip_111

trip_111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm picking up a spare dash for 40$ this weekend it will be my test subject I want this post here in case someone else has the idea and wants to try it for themselves so as I go there will also be pictures

OP
OP
trip_111

trip_111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was also interested in doing an evic cluster swap into my truck I called a shop here in Florida called dashboard instrument cluster never have I been so frustrated with a company that I was trying to hire to do a job for me I suggest you guys do not use them and use another company in Florida called wire works they're a lot more professional they're going to look and see if they can even do the swap for me and while they're looking into it they're doing it for free if they can I'll keep you guys up to date here but just a heads up do not do any business with dashboard instrument clusters in Miami Florida