Jet ski in bed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigkyle72

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 and 2017
Engine
5.9 and 6.7
Does anyone back their truck into the water and drive their jet ski into the bed? Or do you guys get your Jet skis in the bed of your truck? I want to be able to take my jet ski with us camping when Im pulling my toy hauler.

VernDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
Ramps are not quite steep enough to do that well. Sounds like a recepie to end up with a rusted out bed & suspension. You would want to check and change out your rear dif fluid shortly afterward so you don't run the risk of sending it to an early grave with a costly replacement.

OP
OP
B

bigkyle72

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 and 2017
Engine
5.9 and 6.7
Ramps are not quite steep enough to do that well. Sounds like a recepie to end up with a rusted out bed & suspension. You would want to check and change out your rear dif fluid shortly afterward so you don't run the risk of sending it to an early grave with a costly replacement.

The bed isnt what I was worried about but the diff fluid is. Im justing trying to find a way to haul everything

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I do it all the time with my van, here's a video my friend took a few years back

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Does anyone back their truck into the water and drive their jet ski into the bed? Or do you guys get your Jet skis in the bed of your truck? I want to be able to take my jet ski with us camping when Im pulling my toy hauler.

If you do load/unload that way, please please video when your truck goes afloat.

VernDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
Its a Van its a sub.. yeah just a bad idea. If your TH is a 5th wheel you can put a jet ski trailer behind it to get to the campground. If not perhaps a hitch to take it behind the wife's car.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Are you talking about a stand up jet ski, or a waverunner? I have a seadoo spark 2 seater and it’s 9’ long, which is pretty short for a waverunner. I’ve got the 6’-4” bed, and with the tailgate down it almost hits the electric tongue jack post. Even if you had an 8’ bed, I can’t see that working while hooked up to a toy hauler, and be able to make turns.
There’s also no way to back in deep enough without burying the rear diff.
Now, if it’s a stand up, I’d throw it in the bed, but I’d just make a dolly for it out of pvc pipe and beach tires. It’s too dangerous trying to load and unload something like that in and out of the bed while standing on a slippery ramp.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I wonder if some clever fabricator could build a kit. Couple rollers that you can mount in the bed for the hull with a winch you clamp to the front of the box. Some form of collapsible ramp that you lay on the tailgate and just winch it in and out without backing right into the water.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I have seriouly thought of doing this.
BUT buying a flat bed dually with a 12' bed and making something that I can winch the skis on and off the bed so you don't haft to back half way into the lake..

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bigkyle72

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 and 2017
Engine
5.9 and 6.7
I wonder if some clever fabricator could build a kit. Couple rollers that you can mount in the bed for the hull with a winch you clamp to the front of the box. Some form of collapsible ramp that you lay on the tailgate and just winch it in and out without backing right into the water.

This is what I was thinking. Mod the ramps that I use for dirt bikes. Weight them down at the end. My only thing is a winch system....

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
This is what I was thinking. Mod the ramps that I use for dirt bikes. Weight them down at the end. My only thing is a winch system....
Could probably build a solid enough winch bar that goes into the front stake pockets and has a lip coming off it that goes over the front of the box between the box and cab to distribute the pulling force