Just bought a "new to me" 2020 Longhorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrapo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought this 2020 fully loaded Longhorn Hemi 5.7 with 25K miles, single owner no accidents. So far very happy in the first 200 miles of driving it. I came from a 2022 Gladiator which was too similar to my wife's Wrangler (don't ask exactly why I bought it!). Previous to that I had a 2016 1500 Longhorn Ecodiesel, which was one hell of a good truck for me. I'm quite familiar with these, and the 2020 is a massive upgrade from both.

Dealing with a peeling leather dash that I expect Ram Cares will cover and I have a case opened. About to buy a Mopar Xwarr and a new set of tires ( Cooper AT3 4S). This is a damn nice truck that best I can tell would sticker for over $80K on a new 23 or 24 model.

I'm sure I'll have questions if I can't find the answer on this forum. Looking forward to a great ownership experience.
1000010544.jpg1000010545.jpg

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought this 2020 fully loaded Longhorn Hemi 5.7 with 25K miles, single owner no accidents. So far very happy in the first 200 miles of driving it. I came from a 2022 Gladiator which was too similar to my wife's Wrangler (don't ask exactly why I bought it!). Previous to that I had a 2016 1500 Longhorn Ecodiesel, which was one hell of a good truck for me. I'm quite familiar with these, and the 2020 is a massive upgrade from both.

Dealing with a peeling leather dash that I expect Ram Cares will cover and I have a case opened. About to buy a Mopar Xwarr and a new set of tires ( Cooper AT3 4S). This is a damn nice truck that best I can tell would sticker for over $80K on a new 23 or 24 model.

I'm sure I'll have questions if I can't find the answer on this forum. Looking forward to a great ownership experience.
View attachment 533685View attachment 533686
Looks nice, but stay away from the Coopers. Lots of issues being reported om them recently. Just IMHO.

OP
OP
jrapo

jrapo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks nice, but stay away from the Coopers. Lots of issues being reported om them recently. Just IMHO.
I had a set on Cooper AT3 on my 2016 Ram 1500 Longhorn, honestly the best tires I ever owned in performance and longevity, so I'm buying from personal experience. Also buying from Discount Tire who always stands behind their products.

Can you expand on what you've heard lately?

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a set on Cooper AT3 on my 2016 Ram 1500 Longhorn, honestly the best tires I ever owned in performance and longevity, so I'm buying from personal experience. Also buying from Discount Tire who always stands behind their products.

Can you expand on what you've heard lately?
Read in this thread, not tire specific, but related info: One of many, but OP, U do as U see fit. I personally run Falkens, and have had Toyo's, also kinda depends upon weather U expect to encounter. Toyo's were AT's on wife's F 150. That truck is nice tho, powered steps?

OP
OP
jrapo

jrapo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Toyo's were AT's on wife's F 150. That truck is nice tho, powered steps?
Yeah, power steps. Fully loaded - air suspension, ram boxes, split tailgate, sunroof, auto park, auto everything, all the things my last one didn't have. Everything works right now, that's why I want the Xwarr, lol.

My wife has Toyo Open Country 3's I think, good for a Wrangler, too beefy for my truck. I want a good highway tire, quiet, great in the rain and the occasional snow, and looks good too, no street tires, but nothing too knobby. I have a good price at $212 each for 275/55/20, so will probably get them on Thursday.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, power steps. Fully loaded - air suspension, ram boxes, split tailgate, sunroof, auto park, auto everything, all the things my last one didn't have. Everything works right now, that's why I want the Xwarr, lol.

My wife has Toyo Open Country 3's I think, good for a Wrangler, too beefy for my truck. I want a good highway tire, quiet, great in the rain and the occasional snow, and looks good too, no street tires, but nothing too knobby. I have a good price at $212 each for 275/55/20, so will probably get them on Thursday.
OK, G/L on all that. U basically bought a loaded Longhorn, Limited w/o the name, any way maintain, drive and enjoy it. Congrats on your purchase.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I never understood the name change from Laramie Longhorn to Limited Longhorn. Makes it sound like it's a higher trim level than Limited, when in fact it's one step lower. Either way, It's a beautiful truck and welcome to the forum. There are plenty of knowledgeable people here.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Great looking truck !
do your maintenance and enjoy your new to you ride!
also lots of things you can open up and change with ALFA OBD and OBD Link MX just ask lots of questions and your answers will be answered!IMG_1350 (1).JPG

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the Ram Forum, Great looking truck!!!

What kind of a Pup is that?

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L

Congrats! Last winter, with my 2019 paid for, I almost pulled the trigger on a custom factory built 2023 Longhorn dually--and with that exact same interior. I wanted the standard output Cummins and also the safety package with adaptive cruise and automatic emergency braking. But, I had some sleepless nights about that and I was able to get out of the deal without any loss. I like my '19 Laramie again-- a lot. Only has 22K miles on it.

OP
OP
jrapo

jrapo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great looking truck !
do your maintenance and enjoy your new to you ride!
also lots of things you can open up and change with ALFA OBD and OBD Link MX just ask lots of questions and your answers will be answered!View attachment 533715
What sort of things? The Uconnect system as well as the customizable center dash cover about anything I can think of. What am I missing?

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Nice truck ... I have a 2020 Longorn as well and love it ... You won't be disappointed ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357