KEY PHOBE NOT DETECTED 2019 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbrown2929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Multiple times over last couple of weeks, My 2019 Ram is locked, key fob (new battery) and secondary key fob will not unlock truck, nor does the remote start work,
I pull key out of fob enter vehicle alarm horn blowing, I try pushbutton start, error on screen key fob not detected.
I leave truck alone and keep trying and eventually I am able to use fob and it works as normal.
One Crazy thing I came across is cars parked next to me at work, and at home (wife's GMC) remote wouldn't work, truly believe my truck effected those Fobs. Any HELP would be greatly appreciated!!!

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have a chrysler pacifica van we use as our daily, so we drive it more than the truck. But I agree, there have been times with other FCA vehicles in the lot my remote wont work till I am right on top of the van. Its never failed to work completely, but just at times didnt work like it usually did with no other vehicles around. On your truck there have been instances where you might need to unhook your battery, and see if it resets your issue?

Others on here have had leaks from the rear windows in the cab, causing the RF module to be affected from water intrusion as well? Its located under the rear seats on the floor area somewhere.

Last edited:

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I didn’t know our RAM trucks could detect Kleidariaphobia.